Watch our video on Sheet Metal:
Xometry can provide sheet metal fabrication services. We use standard gauge metal which can be cut, bent, punched, and finished to your design specifications. We request that along with your 3D model, you provide a DXF file of the flat pattern.
Sheet metal starts with a flat sheet and is typically cut out with a laser or water jet to make the flat pattern. This pattern is then bent to form walls and other features of your part. Sheet metal parts must follow standard rules for bending and features. Xometry offers many finishes as well as the ability to install inserts or even weld. Currently contoured forms are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about sheet metal, we recommend checking out our design guide!
- Fiber and CO2 lasers
- Mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper, brass, & exotic alloys
- Up to 53″ x 121″ (+pass thru)
Water Jet / waterjet Cutting
- Tilting waterjet head with 4 or 5-axis CNC control
- High accuracy, up to 0.1mm
- Cut more than 4″ sheet/plate metal
Sheet Metal Brake
- 14 gauge mild steel capacity
- 10′ length
- Fingers from 3″ – 6″
- 6 tons of magnetic pull across entire beam
- 5/8″ minimum reverse bend
- 48″ 16 gauge mild steel capacity
- Up to 1/4″ thick plate
Sheet Metal Punch
- 2″ diameter hole capacity
Visit our sheet metal services page