To apply tax exemptions to your orders, you will first need to set up a billing profile and add the tax exemption to your account if you have not done so already.
To Add a Tax Exemption to Your Account:
- Go to the Account Setting page
- Scroll down to your billing profile in the “Billing and Credit Information” section
- Click on “+ Add Tax Exemption“
- Upload your tax-exempt certification form
- Fill out information such as the effective date, expiration date, tax number, the states or territories where you are tax-exempt, and the type of exemption
- Provide the authorized signer’s name and title
Once you’ve added the tax exemption, it will appear under the “Tax Exemptions“ section of the checkout page when placing an order.
How Tax Exemptions Work
When you upload a tax exemption certificate, you will be asked which states the exemption applies to. Tax will be removed from your orders which are shipping to the states in which your exemption applies. To remove taxes, we require a current, valid certificate that applies to your shipping address state.