Xometry accepts the following files for instant online quoting:
STEP, STP, SLDPRT, STL, DXF, IPT, 3MF, 3DXML, PRT, SAT
- Solid/Parasolid file types like STEP, SLDPRT, IPT, PRT, and SAT can quote in any process.
- Mesh-based formats like STL, 3MF, and 3DXML can quote 3D printing services and urethane casting. These formats may require an inch (in.) or millimeter (mm) unit input based on their export unit.
- DXF files are specific to sheet cutting services and require a thickness to be input after uploading and updated during quoting.
- Model-Based Definition (MBD) or Part Modeling Information (PMI) is not supported at this time and should be captured with an attached technical drawing on the quote.
- Upper-level assembly files can be uploaded in an STP format but will require individual part files uploaded for quoting. Native CAD assembly files like SLDASM and IAM do not have solid model information and will not load on Xometry’s platform.
- Please remove or suppress any multi-body features, such as installed inserts, before uploading part models.
Want to quote during your design process? Try our free CAD add-ins.
Visit our main capability pages to learn more: