Watch our video on using the Parts Library:
Xometry offers ways to update an uploaded part through your parts library.
**Note that if a part has been ordered, you must contact email@example.com for any revision changes. Xometry cannot guarantee that a part will be updated if it's already in a planning or process phase.**
Updating parts from your "Parts Library":
- Click on "Parts Library".
- Find the part file you would like to update.
- Click on the Part ID link or "Update Part" button.
- You can find an "Upload Part Revision" button on the "Update Part" page in the 2nd row. Uploading a new file will replace the current one.
- Any quote where this part ID is located will be automatically updated. If the part is already on order and you would like to have the revision change applied to the current order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to accommodate these requests, but unfortunately, they cannot always be executed depending on the current state of production at the time of the request.
- If you have a quote open and it does not look updated, please ensure the part ID is the same as the updated part ID. Try refreshing the page if the problem persists.
Updating parts from your unordered quote:
- Go to the quote that has the part you wish to revise.
- Click the "Revise CAD" button near the filename. This will open a file browser window.
- Browse to and select the revised design file, then click "Open". After the revised file has been processed, the version number next to your file name will update, indicating the revision was successful.
Visit our 3d printing service, cnc machining service, or injection molding services page to learn more about our capabilities.