As of February 11th, 2020, Xometry is Dassault Systèmes’ first Prime Partner—a new category of partners supplying best-in-class custom parts to users of the Make Marketplace, Dassault Systèmes’ on-demand manufacturing service. The Make: On Demand Manufacturing Marketplace, is integrated into the SOLIDWORKS application as an add-in.
TheMake Marketplace add-in utilizes Xometry's quoting technology, which means you can still access the Xometry Instant Quoting Engine℠ directly inside SOLIDWORKS for 3D printing and CNC machining. You no longer need to download a stand-alone add-in from Xometry, and will get the same fast lead times, pricing, and control over your manufacturing specifications within your design environment. The Xometry add-in for SOLIDWORKS will be permanently discontinued as of 5/15/20 and you will no longer be able to use your previously downloaded add-in.
Steps to Access Xometry's Instant Quoting Engine℠ Within SOLIDWORKS
- Visit the Make Marketplace web page on the SOLIDWORKS website
- Click "Download add-in" to download the latest version of SOLIDWORKS with the 3DEXPERIENCE add-in (see image below)
- Or, visit the SOLIDWORKS download page directly
- Prepare your CAD design within SOLIDWORKS, power up the add-in, and begin quoting
- If you have issues downloading SOLIDWORKS or with quoting, you can visit Xometry's online quoting platform at get.xometry.com/quote