Learn more about our FDM 3D printing services
Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) 3D Printed Materials
Xometry uses Stratasys Fortus FDM platforms for all FDM 3D printed parts.
- FDM Next Available ABS or ASA: Next available ABS-M30 or ASA plastic built with fused deposition modeling (FDM). Colors may vary in orders selected as Next Available.
- FDM Next Available Prototyping PLA: Next available PLA plastic built with fused filament fabrication (FFF) on a desktop 3D printer. Colors may vary in orders selected as Next Available.
- FDM ABS-M30: Great general-purpose material available in six colors. Ideal for functional prototypes and low volume production. (View spec sheet)
- FDM ABS-ESD7: Static dissipative ABS ESD (electrostatic dissipative) material. Great for jigs and fixtures in electronic assembly environments. (View spec sheet)
- FDM ABS-M30i: Biocompatible ABS material can be gamma or EtO sterilized (ISO 10993 USP Class VI). Well suited for conceptual modeling, tools, and guides. (View spec sheet)
- FDM ABSi: A translucent ABS material available in natural, amber, and red. Great for visual prototypes and lighting applications. (View spec sheet)
- FDM ASA: Matches or exceeds the properties of standard ABS and has higher UV stability. Ten colors are available. A strong "go-to" general purpose material. (View spec sheet)
- FDM Nylon 12: Nylon is a ductile and chemical resistant plastic great for rugged applications. This black material is flexible enough for snap fits and is useful in environments that experience high shock and vibration. (View spec sheet)
- FDM PC (Polycarbonate): With almost twice the tensile strength of ABS, polycarbonate has superior mechanical and structural properties. Used widely in automotive, aerospace, and other applications that require durability and stability. (View spec sheet)
- FDM PC-ABS: The best of both PC and ABS. Higher-strength engineering thermoplastic with slightly more flexibility than standard polycarbonate. (View spec sheet)
- FDM PC-ISO: Biocompatible PC material can be gamma or EtO sterilized (ISO 10993 USP Class VI). Well suited for food and drug packaging as well as medical device manufacturing. (View spec sheet)
- FDM PPSF*: Polyphenylsulfone has the highest heat and chemical resistance of all FDM materials with superior mechanical strength. Sterilizable via autoclave, EtO, plasma, chemical, and radiation. Great for scientific and lab applications. (View spec sheet) *Available by custom request.
- FDM Ultem 1010: Flame retardant high-performance thermoplastic for end-use parts. Certified for food contact and biocompatibility. Widely used in aviation or transportation industries due to UL94 classification. (View spec sheet)
- FDM Ultem 9085: Flame retardant high-performance thermoplastic for complex end-use parts. Heavily used in transportation and aerospace, can also be applied in high heat mechanical environments. (View spec sheet)
- FFF Prototyping PLA: An economical, rigid plastic for low-wear indoor parts, concept models, and prototyping. PLA is very popular due to its high use in desktop and hobbyist 3D printers. (View Spec Sheet)
Learn more about our materials
Learn more about our finishes
Visit our 3D Printing Services page